Crazy times, huh?
Times like these remind me of something I don’t like to be reminded about…I often don’t know which way to go or what to do. Now, during this season, it is even hard to remember what day it is.
The truth is we are all limited.
And if this season has taught us anything, (and the Lord is using it to teach me a lot!), it has taught us that we are limited in what we know, understand, and control.
It reminds me of the story in the Bible of the children of Israel as they approached the promised land under Joshua’s leadership. You can find the story in Joshua 3:1-9. All of the people were about to cross over the Jordan River and into a land in which they had never been.
This story got me thinking…and I believe that there are some principles here that may help you (because they have helped me during this season).
- Possess a spirit of expectation.
- In Joshua 3:1 it says that Joshua rose early in the morning.
- Joshua knew what God had promised him. It was like he had an expectation that today could be the day that we receive what God has promised.
- Are you expecting God to show up today in your life?
- Go after the presence of God.
- In Joshua 3:3 the people were instructed “…when you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it.”
- The ark of the covenant represented God’s presence.
- What do you GO AFTER? What do you follow?
- He knows the way, because He is the Way.
- In verse 4 the Israelites were commanded to follow the ark (God’s presence) because they had not been this way before. (Sounds like this season, huh?)
- Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)
- I don’t know which way to go, or what I should do, but Jesus does.
- We need to know WHO more than we need to know WHAT!
- Come near to hear His voice.
- In Joshua 3:9, we hear these words: “Come here, and hear the words of the LORD your God.”
- Lean in close to the presence of the Lord. Scripture tells us to draw near to God and He will draw near to us. (see James 4:8)
These are crazy times, for sure. Let’s not waste this season though by missing what God wants to share with us. It is hard to hear with background noise, so let’s take advantage of this time and listen for the guidance that Jesus brings.
Go after Him today! Follow Him…He knows which way to go.
Dealing some hope today,